Taking the time to prepare to sell your house will not only help to move the sale along faster, you could be getting top dollar if you follow along with these 5 steps for preparing to sell your home. Premier One of Charleston SC says, “put in the effort now, because they will yield huge dividends in the end. If you are looking for Charleston SC real estate or real estate along the coastal area of South Carolina please check them out!
1. Staging the Home – Think about what the inside of a model home looks like in that new community being built across town. If you don’t recall, find a new development and go inside the model house and poke around. The first thing you will notice is everything is staged so that you can imagine moving right in. The dining room table is set for guests, there are candles burning, and everything in every room is spotless.
2. Removing the Clutter – Although all your junk is leaving when you sell the house, no one is going to be excited about buying your home if it is packed with clutter. Rent a local storage unit and get everything you are not using up and out. The less clutter makes it easier for a potential buyer to imagine this their home, and it also shows them there is plenty of room for all their stuff.
3. Take Down Pictures – One neat trick about getting buyers more interested in your home is removing the personal family pictures. You will have to pack them up eventually, so do it now. Those pictures tell the buyer this is your home, and it makes it harder for them to imagine it being their own. Try to start packing all personal belongings so the house has a more neutral feel to it.
4. The Open House – Make sure when your realtor has the open house that every light in every room is on. Let the realtor bake some cookies in the oven too. The smell is inviting and gives the feeling of coming home. The combination of the well-lit home and cooking in the oven can produce lightning fast offers that day.
5. Clean Your House – The inside may be spotless, but how about the exterior of the house? Hire a professional power washing company to clean the exterior of the home, the gutters, the driveway, the sidewalk, the deck, the fence, and even the roof. Curb appeal is everything when selling a home, if the exterior is a mess, you are stopping potential buyers in their tracks before they even set foot in the door.
A little work up front and you sell your home faster than you may realize.